Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

25 Things about Tim Anthony Cashmere


     What do you do for a living?  Duration?
I write about music, interview bands and produce recordings of bands we make in our studio. I have done that (or something along those lines) since I was 15 – literally half of my life. When I am not doing that, I am studying physics and mathematics at Monash University.

     What made you choose this role?
What’s this “choose” you speak of?

      Do you have a website? If so supply link
All of my music stuff goes here: http://www.noise11.com
I also have a science blog. Like anybody’s non-professional hobby-blog, it doesn’t get updated as often as I would like. You can see it here: http://www.particleschmarticle.com

    Submit your favourite photo of yourself and describe why it is your favourite?
Self portrait taken from a train window somewhere in India. If I look skinner there than I do now, it’s probably because I hadn’t kept a meal down for a week.
     Tell me a bit about yourself.
I like music, science and craft beer. I also like travelling, but since it is not a perfect world, I don’t get to indulge in that as much as the other three things. If you try to talk to me about anything that isn’t one of these, you will probably think I am a complete moron.

     Do you have a belief you are passionate about?
I believe science is the key to understanding the world around us and if everyone were scientifically literate, the world would be a better place.

     What kind of student were you at school?
My entire school years were spent blowing kisses to the jocks and reading every music magazine I could get my hands on.

     If you could learn to do something, what would it be?
Let’s assume the many years I have dedicated to learning physics and maths doesn’t count. I’d sure like to speak another language. A really cool one too, like Bengali.

     What do you like to do in your spare time, hobbies etc?
I like to walk out of my front door with my ipod, head in no particular direction and come home many hours later. If my budget allows, I usually return with a few new books and records.

     What is your favourite food?
I am not much of a foodie, but eating Indian food always brings back fond memories of travelling around the sub-continent.

    What makes you laugh?
Jokes.

    What makes you cry?
Bad jokes.

    What pisses you off?
Few things piss me off more than a denial of science. “Vaccines kill!” “Evolution isn’t real!” “My homeopath gave me something to cure my cancer!” Bah. I’m getting angry just typing this. *calm blue ocean*

    What is your most embarrassing moment?
On my fourth birthday in kindergarten I had to stand in the middle of a circle formed by my fellow students while they sung “Happy Birthday” to me. I was so embarrassed that I tried to hide under the table that the cake was on and the teacher yelled at me and told me to get out, so I had to stand there and cry tears of embarrassment while everyone sang at me. THERE. I SAID IT.

     If you could have a super power what would it be and why?
The ability to know all of the secrets of the universe.

    What chore do you hate doing?
You know how some people get that horrible shiver down their spine from metal on metal? Or nails on a chalkboard? Yeah, well the vacuum cleaner does that to me.

     If you could swap your life with someone else who would it be and why?
I am happy with the life I have, but I wouldn’t mind being Brian Cox just for one documentary shoot. Have you seen the stuff he gets to do?

    What would you like people to remember about you?
I don’t mind if people remember me fondly or not, but I would appreciate it if people remembered me truthfully.

    What do you find attractive about a person?
Great music taste and a curiosity about the world.

    What is your best feature?
Great music taste and my curiosity about the world.

    What’s on your bucket list?
That’s a looong list. I would like to travel to the Middle East… and orchestrate world peace.

    What is the one thing you’d like to achieve in your life?
To finish this fucking degree.

     If the world was about to come to an end, how would you spend your last hour?
Probably correcting someone’s grammar. It’s if the world *were* going to come to an end, by the way. Seriously though, it’s hard to say, but I’m willing to bet it’s going to involve as many unhealthy vices I can get my hands on.

    What’s your favourite possession?
So many! My original pressing Primal Scream  ‘All Fall Down’ 7” single. My Custom Shop Stratocaster. Any one of my books. My motorbike. We’re living in a material world, okay?

    Who is Lorinda Jane?
Someone who I will never delete from my Facebook account ever again.  (Good to hear haha L.J)

Thank you Tim Cashmere for revealing 25 things about yourself.   xx L.J


No comments:

Post a Comment