Pages

Monday 3 September 2012

Things about Christopher Rimmer


What do you do for a living?  Duration?
I'm a photographer. 30 years

What made you choose this role?
A strong desire to articulate what I see in the world through visual language and an ability to do the same.

Do you have a website? If so supply link
      www.christopherrimmer.com

Submit your favourite photo of yourself and describe why it is your favourite?

This photograph was taken just as the sun was rising over Etosha Pan in Namibia, casting the most wonderful light over the surreal landscape. I like it because it shows me as I am, a loner, and a traveller in a place for which I have a very deep love - Africa

Tell me a bit about yourself.
I was born in Liverpool in England and went to live in Africa when I was a little boy.  Half of my family were wiped out within the first 4 years of being there. I was conscripted into the South African Army in 1981 and came to live in Australia which is where I learnt the formal art of photography at Rusden College.

Do you have a belief you are passionate about?
I'm passionate about saving what remains of the wildlife in Africa. I'm driven to create the kind of photography that stimulates a similar drive in the mind of the viewer.

What kind of student were you at school?
A very good one.

If you could learn to do something, what would it be?
To knit myself a cardigan.

What do you like to do in your spare time, hobbies etc?
Booze and talk rubbish, associate with the wrong crowd.

What is your favourite food?
Anything cooked by Iain Hewitson.

What makes you laugh?
Listening to my two children Lily 8 and Harry 6, explain their view of the world.

What makes you cry?
Electrodes to the testicles.

What pisses you off?
Getting stuck taking to boring people.

If you could have a super power what would it be and why?
To cure Africa's broken heart.

What chore do you hate doing?
Buying petrol. Making small talk.

If you could swap your life with someone else who would it be and why?
I wouldn't wish to swap with anyone.

What would you like people to remember about you?
Couldn't care less.

What do you find attractive about a person?
I like quirky, artistic types with self destructive personalities.

What is your best feature?
My eyes.

What’s on your bucket list?
I think the bucket list to be a media driven concept which encourages going somewhere over experiencing going somewhere. I don't have one.

What is the one thing you’d like to achieve in your life?
Win a Pulizer Prize for photo-journalism.

If the world was about to come to an end, how would you spend your last hour?
With my family in the Namib Desert because the world has already ended there.

What’s your favourite possession?
My Nikkormat EL camera and my 50mm f1.4 lens

Who is Lorinda Jane?
A blonde blur on my visual periphery - for now at least.


Thank you Christoper for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer 25 questions, LJ x.
Please people, check out Christopher's website and have a look at his absolutely stunning photographs, they are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment